With over 250 million people using Instagram Stories daily, it’s no surprise you want in on the action to stand out of the crowd and get more attention on this social media platform. But the sheer quantity of Stories can be overwhelming — how’s your business supposed to stand out?
With Stickers, you can do tons of things. For example, you can ask questions and create polls for your audience, add GIFs to an otherwise average photo, and include relevant information like temperature or location on it. Or, you could simply include an emoji to make your post more stunning.
Let’s discover the full range of possibilities with Instagram Stickers.
How to add stickers to your Instagram stories
- Open the Instagram app
- To open Stories, Click on the camera symbol in the top left
- Take a picture, or upload one
- Click the peeling smiley face icon at the top right of your screen
- Peruse your stickers and click on one you like
- Rearrange it on the page, make it bigger or smaller, or tap it to change design
Let’s jump into a few different ways to use Stickers in your next Instagram Story
1. Open up the Instagram app, and click the camera icon in the top left of the screen. This will open your Instagram Story.
2. Take a picture (or upload one). Click the peeling square smiley face in the top right — that is your Stickers icon.
3. Here is your complete list of stickers. You can scroll through them, or search for what you want in the search box at the top.
4. To create a poll, choose the “poll” sticker, and then type your question. Drag to reposition the sticker on your image.
5. To add a GIF to your image, click the “GIF” icon and then scroll through trending GIFs, or search in the search box.
6. The best way to learn about stickers is by experimenting. Try different stickers, like temperature, location, or emojis then decide what works best for you.
7. When you’re happy with the finished product, click “Your Story” in the bottom left to add the post to your Instagram Story (but beware — too many Stickers can quickly become overwhelming).
There you have it! Stickers are one of the most effective tools at your disposal to ensure your Instagram Stories are fun, captivating, and original. For more Instagram Stories tips, check out “How to Make an Instagram Story Like a Pro“.