Instagram is an image-first social platform. If your photos and videos aren’t up to scratch, you’ll have a tough time achieving success.
However, even great images and videos can fall short of expectations if you’re a slouch in the Instagram captions department. The words that accompany your graphics are an important element of building a brand on the network, and especially forming a connection with fans and followers.
The great Instagram captions can add context to your posts, tell your brand’s stories, entertain the audience or encourage people to take action.
You can add up to 2,200 characters and include up to 30 hashtags in a caption.
No matter the length, the most important thing is for your Instagram captions to grab attention and be easy to read and follow.
Here, you’ll find creative Instagram captions you can model or just copy and paste directly into your own Instagram posts this summer.
Summer Instagram captions
Perhaps the most Insta-worthy season, summer is the best time for taking great photos and writing matching captions.
- Bluebird days
- Dog days of summer
- Feelin’ hot hot hot
- Good day sunshine
- Girls just wanna have sun
- Gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day
- Here comes the sun
- My place in the sun
- Soak up the sun
- Summer daze
- Sunlight is the best disinfectant
- Summer lovin’
- Summer nights
- Nothing but blue skies
- Summer vibes
- Sunshine is the best medicine
- The livin’ is easy
Beach Instagram captions
From sunny summer days to moody winter storms, beaches give tons of material for Instagram content.
- All the best drinks come with umbrellas
- Beachy Keen
- Catch a wave
- Happy place
- Life’s a beach
- Resting beach face
- Sail away
- Sun, sand, sea
- Sun’s out, guns out
- Surf’s up
- The ocean is the best hairstylist
- Toes in the sand
- Vacation mode
- Vitamin Sea
- We dream in colors borrowed from the sea
- Where it’s at
Captions for selfies
Ah, the ubiquitous selfie. Love ‘em or hate ‘em, you need to caption ‘em.
- A selfie a day keeps the doctor away
- Beast mode
- But first, selfie
- Confidence level: No filter
- First, let’s take a selfie
- Just me
- I’m kind of a big deal
- I speak fluent sarcasm
- Life is too short to be boring
- Living my best life
- Me, myself, and I
- Messy hair don’t care
- Personality cannot be added with a filter
- Ready for my closeup
- Some days are better than others
- Swiped right
- Why hello there
- Woke up like this
- Work it
- Worth it
Captions for couples
If your significant other tends to share your Instagram space, take a look at these Instagram captions for couples.
- Always on your team
- Couple goals
- Everything I do, I do it for you
- Just us
- Aristotle once said: “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.”
- Love you to the moon and back
- Partners in time
- P.S. I love you
- The best bad influence
- You make my heart sing
- You’re my lobster
Hashtags for Captions
We’ve got a complete guide explaining how to use hashtags effectively in Instagram captions and the way to find the best for your brand. However, here are 10 popular hashtag picks to try, along with the total number of postings for that hashtag.
- #travelgram (123.3 million)
- #goodmorning (117.1 million)
- #streetphotography (78.43 million)
- #foodstagram (69.98 million)
- #naturelovers (65.67 million)
- #entrepreneur (64.40 million)
- #outfitoftheday (52.83 million)
- #sundayfunday (50.80 million)
- #momlife (50.18 million)
- #positivevibes (48.72 million)