Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms these days. If you wish to get more followers on this platform to promote your brand, become famous, or just keep in touch with your family and friends, then you may want to see who follows you on Facebook.
Here is how to see followers on Facebook.
See Who Follows You On Facebook (Desktop)
On desktop, you’ll be able to see who is following you on Facebook, but not the number of followers. However, the Facebook mobile app shows who follows you and the number of your followers.
First, log in to your Facebook account via your browser and use the next instructions to see your Facebook followers:
- Once logged in to Facebook, choose the small picture icon next to your name on the sidebar.
- In the Profile menu, click Friends.
- Within the Friends menu, choose the More dropdown to the right.
- From the drop-down list, choose Followers to view all your Facebook followers.
See Who Follows You On Facebook (Mobile)
Like we stated earlier, the Facebook mobile app allows you to see the list and the number of your followers on Facebook.
Log in to your Facebook account through the mobile app. Then follow these instructions:
- On the homepage of the mobile app, click on the round picture icon next to the What’s on your mind? search bar to load your profile.
- Within the profile menu, faucet See Your About Info.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. Then under Followers, tap See All to see a list of all the followers on your Facebook
- Look to the top-right corner of the page (opposite Followers) to see the number of people that follow you on Facebook.
You will not get the choice to check your Facebook followers if you don’t have any. As a result, following the steps above will not allow you to check your followers, as there are none.
You may also not get this selection if your Facebook account is new, as you probably haven’t any followers but. Or you need to switch to a different Facebook account. Alternatively, your account won’t be set to let people follow your Facebook account. We’ll explain how to change this below.
Give the Public Access to Follow Your Facebook Account
Typically, if you’ve disallowed the public from following you, it limits the opportunities of getting more Facebook followers.
That is because people who aren’t on your friends’ list cannot follow you on Facebook if you do not allow them to. However, you’ll be able to set your follow preference as “Public” so that anybody can follow you, rather than just your friends.
To do that on desktop:
- Go to your profile.
- Click on the round dropdown icon within the top-right corner of the menu bar.
- From the list, choose Settings & Privacy.
- Click on Settings.
- From the sidebar of the Settings menu, click on Public Posts.
- Look to the right of the Who Can Follow Me choice and click on the Friends dropdown.
- Choose Public to give follow access to anybody, including those who aren’t your friends on Facebook.
To do that on the Facebook mobile app:
- Open the Facebook app on your phone and tap the three horizontal menu bars to the right of the homepage.
- Scroll down and choose Settings.
- Tap Public Posts.
- Under Who Can Follow Me, tick Public.
Keep Control Over Your Facebook Followers
If you use Facebook to promote your brand or business, check of your followers frequently is important. It’s a great way to moderate what people can see about you.
If you need more control over your Facebook friends and followers, you should think about hiding them from your feed.