When people are on Instagram, they’re usually looking to follow other users and like their photos and videos. However, an increasing number of Instagram users are finding that they can use the comments section of these images to connect with their followers, promote their products or services, and drive traffic to their website or landing page. In this guide, we’ll show you seven ways you can use Instagram comments to boost your business!
Why Use Instagram Comments?
Before we dive into the ways you can use comments to benefit your business, let’s briefly talk about why you should be using comments in the first place.
There are a few key reasons:
- Instagram comments give you an opportunity to connect with your target audience on a more personal level. By responding to their comments, you show that you care about what they have to say and that you’re interested in engaging with them.
- Using comments also allows you to build relationships with other businesses and influencers in your industry. This can lead to valuable partnerships down the road.
- Comments give you an opportunity to promote your products or services in a subtle way. If you’re selling a physical product, you can drop a link to your website or online store in the comments section of one of your photos. And if you’re promoting a service, you can use comments to drive traffic to your landing page.
- Finally, comments are a great way to increase the reach of your posts and get more people engaged with your content. When someone leaves a comment on one of your posts, their followers will see it in their feed – which means they’re more likely to check out your profile and start following you.
Now that we’ve answered the question “why use Instagram comments,” let’s move on to the ways you can use them to benefit your business!
7 Ways to Use Instagram Comments to Boost Your Business
1. Ask Questions In Your Comments
The easiest way to get someone’s attention on Instagram is to ask a question, and it’s a simple trick for getting people engaged with your content. You don’t have to be some marketing wizard, either; there are plenty of questions you can ask that have nothing to do with your business. For example, you could ask what their favorite item in your store is or what types of classes they like taking at the gym; you get 30 seconds or so for comments, after all!
2. Encourage Others in Their Comments
The most powerful way you can use comments is by encouraging and inspiring others with your own positive words. Commenting on other people’s posts related to your business will help drive engagement for you, but it will also strengthen relationships with potential customers and encourage them in their own businesses. Just make sure your comments are genuine; nobody likes a fake!
3. Advertise In Your Comments
If you’re selling a physical product, you can use comments to drop a link to your website or online store. You can use comments to drive traffic to your landing page if you’re promoting a service. And if you’re running a contest or giveaway, you can use comments to let people know how they can enter. Just make sure you’re not being too “salesy” in your comments; nobody likes that!
On the other hand, when people leave a comment on your post, ask them if they want you to follow them on Instagram. If they respond positively, follow them and then ask if they can check out your profile. Some people won’t mind being followed, while others will feel violated. In any case, they will be more likely to pay attention to your comments and buy what you are selling.
4. Target Influencers or Potential Clients in Their Comments
A great way to get more eyes on your content is to target influencers or potential clients in your comments. For example, if you’re a makeup artist, you could leave a comment on one of Kim Kardashian’s photos saying how much you love her makeup and that you’re available for bookings. If you’re a personal trainer, you could leave a comment on one of Joe Rogan’s photos asking if he’d be interested in trying out your services.
You never know who might see your comment and reach out to you, so it’s always worth a shot!
5. Build a Network with the Commenters You Have
When building a community on any social network, one of your biggest assets is your existing followers. If you already have an audience on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram, make sure you’re engaging with them and building a relationship with those that take time out of their day to follow you. Comment on their photos and share their content. Interact daily and show them you care about them. And eventually, they will also want to engage with your business.
Besides, social media is all about building relationships – so why not start with the people that have already shown an interest in you?