Instagram is following the lead of TikTok once again with a brand new feature. Instagram recently launched the “Add Yours” sticker for Stories.
Let’s explore this new function now!
What’s the “Add Yours” Instagram Sticker?
It’s a Sticker to begin a “trend”, “Challenge” or “Thread”.
You start the challenge.
Then your followers can click on the Sticker and include their response to the challenge.
Your followers will respond with a photo, a video, a screenshot, or another media from their camera roll.
The photo/video will be shown in their Stories, and you can view all the submitted Stories too!
Other people can also tap on this Sticker and others’ Insta Stories. How cool is this?!
This is amazing to:
- Have fun!
- Bring your community together
- Get your account seen by more people (because your followers’ followers will see your challenge sticker, and they might check you out and join too!)
Extra information and concepts are under.
First, let’s see methods to use this “Add Yours” Story sticker.
Tips on how to use the brand new “Add Yours” Instagram Story Sticker
It’s super easy.
I’ll show you extra tips too.
Here is how to use the “Add Yours” Instagram Story sticker (image tutorial below from thepreviewapp):
- Add a photo or video in your Story
- Press on the “Sticker” button
- “Add Yours”
- Write a title for your challenge (see ideas below), or
- Faucet on the “dice” button to generate a random challenge idea
Now, wait for people to add their photos or videos.
How to see if people added their photos to your “Add Yours” Sticker?
To see people’s Story responses:
- Open your Story
- Tap on your Sticker
- You will see people’s profile photos
- Faucet on one to see their Stories
Can you repost their Stories in your Stories?
There’s no reshare button now, unfortunately.
Hopefully, Instagram will add this new feature soon because it might be super helpful!
What if you really need to re-share someone’s Insta Story in your Story?
You have 2 choices:
- When you share the “Add Yours” sticker, ask your followers to tag you in their Stories.
Of course, you always need to ask for permission when you want to reshare a Story.
Who can see the photos that are added in the “Add Yours” Sticker?
This can be a public challenge.
This means everyone will be able to see your Story.
And by “everyone”, I mean everyone who taps on the Sticker to see everyone’s entries.
This is an incredible opportunity for you because more people can see your Story!
This means you can get more views and new followers!
How fun is that?!
Get the “Add Yours” Insta Story sticker on your Instagram
Don’t have the “Add Yours” sticker?
Or can’t press on the Sticker to add your photo or video?
Instagram usually slowly rolls out new options to everyone all over the world.
So it is normal if you don’t have it yet.
Go in your App Store and check if you can manually update your Instagram app:
If it is up-to-date and you still don’t have it, you’ll have to wait a little bit.
Instagram will update your account in the next few days.
If not, report the problem to Instagram, like this:
- Go in your Instagram settings
- Report a problem
Then wait a few days and check if the new function appears.
Creative “Add Yours” Ideas
Now onto the fun part!
What fun challenges/threads can you begin on your account?
Here are some ideas for personal and business accounts:
- Show your home office
- Show your to-do list
- Share your favorite motivational quote
- The perfect tip about __ [let people share their top tips about a specific subject]
- Tell us about your product/service!
- Share your business story
- Share the most important thing you’ve discovered about business
- Show your favorite travel picture
- Show a photograph of your favorite resort
- Favorite journey
- Travel ideas
- Favorite summertime destination
- Favorite beach
- Show your outfit of the day
- Fall outfit idea
- Activewear outfit
- Worst purchase
- Greatest purchase
- Best jeans
- Favorite dress
- Wardrobe/closet tour
Beauty, Hair, and Makeup
- Make-up of the day
- Hair of the day
- Challenge: do your best wing eyeliner
- 10-second makeup challenge
- Your favorite makeup look
- Favorite makeup products
- Skincare routine
- Workout of the day
- Favorite full-body exercise
- Favorite workout equipment
- The best activewear
- Pre-workout drink
- Post-workout fuel