Discover ways to measure the success of your Reels and use Instagram Reel Insights to create content your viewers will love.
What’s Reels analytics?
Reels analytics is the method of tracking, collecting, and analyzing data to know the efficiency of your Reels.
In-depth analytics may also help you make better informed inventive choices and construct more engaging content methods. In the next stage, this may also help you get to know your viewers better and allocate your money and time to techniques that work for them.
Reels analytics are a part of Instagram analytics and ought to be included in your Instagram reports in addition to your larger social media reports.
As with all social media analytics, tracking the efficiency of your Reels may also help you learn from your wins, identify opportunities and enhance your efficiency over time.
Reels analytics may also help you perceive:
- What your viewers likes and dislikes
- When you need to post your Reels for the greatest reach and engagement
- Which calls to action resonate with your viewers
- Which AR filters, effects, and music tracks are doing it for you
Carefully tracking Reels Insights may also provide help to recognize patterns and see if spikes in Reel performance can have an effect on your overall Instagram engagement.
(In case you missed it, some entrepreneurs imagine that Instagram rewards accounts that actively post Reels with higher overall visibility. Our team ran an experiment to find out if that’s true.)
When determining whether a Reel was successful or not, you need to take a look at the next metrics:
- Accounts Reached. This metric tells you how many unique Instagram customers noticed your Reel at least once.
- Plays. That is the variety of occasions your Reel has been performed. It might be greater than the variety of accounts reached, since some customers might watch your Reel more than once — which I might assume is the case for this Reel of three cows smooching a pet:
- Likes. This metric tells you how many customers preferred your Reel.
- Comments. The variety of comments on a person’s Reel.
- Saves. The variety of occasions your Reel was bookmarked.
- Shares. On a variety of occasions, Instagram customers shared your Reel to their story or despatched it to another person.
To entry Instagram Insights, go to your account within the mobile app, then faucet the Insights button below your bio:
Observe that Insights are only available for professional accounts. However, don’t worry! You possibly can change to a Creator or Business account in your settings — it solely takes a minute and even model-new accounts with small followings can do it.
Then, head to Accounts Reached the Overview part:
Reels analytics at the moment are included within the Reach breakdown. According to Instagram, this is meant to offer Instagram customers a better understanding of how Reels contribute to an account’s efficiency.
To view insights particular to Reels solely, scroll down to Reels within the Insights overview display and faucet the right arrow subsequent to your variety of Reels. Right here, you may see your whole Reels efficiency metrics in one place.
To examine the efficiency of a specific Reel, open the Reel from your profile, then faucet the three-dot icon within the bottom right of the display, then faucet Insights.