How many times have you had to direct your Instagram followers to the link in your bio so they can access the newest content or resource that you just want to share? First, you want them to read your Instagram Story, put within the extra effort of heading to your profile, and then actually click on your link. That’s where the Instagram swipe-up comes in. Engaging your followers is way easier when you can use the Instagram swipe-up feature to add a link right to your Instagram Story.
Keep reading to find out:
- What the Instagram swipe up tool is
- How to get access to the tool
- The way to add links to your Instagram Story
- How to include a swipe-up to your Instagram Story even if you don’t have 10,000 followers in 2021
- And more!
What is the Instagram swipe-up tool?
The Instagram swipe-up tool revolutionized the way companies and influencers reached their audiences and gained more followers by permitting them to add links directly to their Instagram Stories. Viewers can include swipe up on a story or tap an arrow at the bottom of their screen to enter a link without leaving the Instagram app or go back to a business’s bio. It’s also a simple method to promote different content and products whereas providing powerful analytics to optimize posts.
Simply put: Swipe up is a crucial tool for any Instagram business strategy.
Instagram swipe up requirements
Here’s the catch relating to this feature: There are specific requirements you have to meet before you’ll have access to it.
To make use of the Instagram swipe up feature you have to:
- Set up your profile as a Business Account, and
- Have over 10,000 followers
- Have a verified account (The blue check beside a profile that means Instagram has confirmed that an account is the authentic presence of the public figure, celebrity, or international brand it represents)
Stories only stay up for 24 hours. However including links to your Instagram Stories is a certain method to improve your conversions, increase organic engagement and make it easier for your followers to access the content you want to share.
Here’s how to add a link to your Instagram Story for individuals to “swipe up” on:
1. Log in to Instagram and tap the camera icon at the top left corner of your screen.
2. Take a photo or create a video in the app or select from your library.
3. Click on the link icon in the top middle of your screen.
4. Paste your link (either a URL or IGTV).
5. If you’re on an iOS device, choose Done. If you use an Android, tap on the green check.
There are a number of different opportunities to add links to your Instagram Stories together with:
- Basic link sharing. Share an insightful article, link to your external shop, send your followers to your newest blog post, and more.
- View product. This enables your followers to tap on shoppable links to allow them to view product details in real-time on the app.
- View shop. Bring people right to your Instagram profile shop with this feature.
- View the collection. Direct people to view a collection of your merchandise (you’ll be able to create collections by going to your Commerce Manager and organizing a promotion).
Note: You will need to turn on Instagram Shopping before having the ability to use the last three-link choices above.
When you’ve posted your first swipe up, don’t forget to track your metrics so you’ll be able to optimize. If you aren’t getting as many swipes as you want, ensure you have a clear call to action (what would you like your followers to do?) and that you don’t overload one post with too much information.