TikTok has proven that it’s no passing fad, with more than 1.65 billion downloads to date. It’s now the sixth-largest social network in the world, surpassing Snapchat, Twitter, and Pinterest.
With numbers like that, it’s time to jump in— particularly in case, your brand needs to reach youthful audiences, as 69% of TikTok users are between 16 and 24 years old.
Unsure how to get began? We’ve got 9 ideas for engaging TikTok videos below.
9 Ideas for Engaging TikTok Videos
1. Create a branded hashtag challenge
As with different social platforms, hashtags are a mainstay on TikTok for looking and sorting content. However, hashtags’ challenges are particularly widespread on the platform.
Challenges use particular hashtags to encourage users to create videos on a theme, as part of a campaign or viral trend. If TikTok had existed in 2015, you’d have seen a number of videos tagged with #IceBucketChallenge.
A variety of corporations have used branded hashtag challenges to nice impact, however, the reigning champion is Chipotle. They use National Avocado Day (also known as July 31, 2019) to launch the #GuacDance hashtag challenge on TikTok.
Avocado lovers have been challenged to share a dance impressed by their favorite topping, utilizing the Guacamole Song from children’s entertainer Dr. Jean, tagged with #GuacDance. Easy enough, right? It resulted in a mind-blowing 250,000 submissions, proving that the love of guac is universal.
Through the six-day campaign, Chiptole additionally saw a record-breaking 430 million video starts with the hashtag #GuacDance. It translated into actual sales too: Chipotle served more than 800,000 sides of guacamole on a single day, as a result of the challenge.
Just a few issues you may learn from the #GuacDance success:
- Make it simple. The Guacamole Song is an earworm, and her original dance is easy and silly. No critical dance skills required.
- Make it fun. What do individuals love best about your brand? A challenge that celebrates your most beloved products, qualities, or promotions is likeliest to succeed. Customer research and insights may help here.
- Have an objective in mind. Are you trying to drive orders, like Chipotle? Increase brand awareness? Be clear on what you want to achieve so you may measure your effect.
2. Share an educational video
You might suppose that TikTok is just for goofy, irreverent content. Nevertheless, it’s really an incredible platform for sharing informative content in an approachable, easy-to-digest format.
Some docs have constructed enormous audiences by making videos about timely topics like coronavirus and vaping. Dr. Danielle Jones, aka MamaDoctorJones, has racked up more than six million views with her videos about sexual health, pregnancy, and periods.
For docs like Jones, TikTok is the proper place to reach teenagers and younger adults who want this information, and should not have their own trusted health providers to talk to.
Socially-minded businesses have a chance to get their messages across. Misinformation is rife on social media, and it’s necessary to counter it by being within the conversations.
3. Partner with an influencer
Working with a creator on TikTok offers you a chance to connect with their viewers and profit from their creativity and unique style.
For instance, Mucinex (sure, the stuff you take when you have a cold!) partnered with influencers on a #TooSickToBeSick campaign. The campaign, which ran in late October, promoted the message that a seasonal illness shouldn’t smash your Halloween fun (although now we’d positively say “Stay Home” as a substitute).
Each video included the hashtag, in addition to a #Sponsored tag to indicate that they were a part of an influencer marketing campaign.
There are some methods to partner with influencers on TikTok, including:
- Account takeovers. Permit a TikTok creator to post content directly from your account. Sometimes takeovers might be cross-promoted on both your account and the influencers.
- Hashtag Challenge: Partner with influencers to advertise your brand’s hashtag challenge to its viewers.
- Endorsements. Get influencers to promote your model or product on their own channel, as a part of a campaign (like Mucinex) or a product review.
Here are a number of ideas for working with influencers on TikTok
- Discover the right match. Don’t just partner with the biggest influencer who you could find. Be sure you’re working with somebody whose values and viewers aligns with yours. Do your homework to make sure they’re fit, and construct a foundation of trust and respect.
- Be authentic. An influencer is effective as a result of they have a real voice that their viewers love and respect. To be an efficient partner, you should allow them to have creative freedom within the content they create for or with your model. Come up with a game plan together. However, don’t be too controlling.
- Measure affect. As with every aspect of your social strategy, it’s important to have an aim in thoughts. Track the result of your influencer partnership, whether that’s sales, viewers’ progress, or campaign participation, to measure your success.
4. Celebrate special occasions
TikTok marked International Women’s’ Day (March 8) with the hashtag #SheCanDoIt to celebrate feminine creators.
The event was a springboard for accounts targeted on women’s rights and history to get a turn within the spotlight, like Herstory Talking, which honors notable women from past eras:
UN Women, a worldwide nonprofit for women’s rights, additionally leveraged International Women’s Day to get more than 400K views on their #GenerationEquality campaign.
TikTok users aren’t looking for out critical videos about gender equality every day. However, on International Women’s’ Day, UN Women and Herstory Talking had the proper alternative to share necessary, well-timed content.
Each brand ought to maintain track of upcoming events and holidays, particularly these with explicit relevance to their products and brand story.
Your social media content calendar may help you plan for these events so you never miss a possibility to seize viewers’ interest.
5. Create a tutorial
Once I was a teen, my make-up expertise was limited to making use of mascara and Bonne Bell Lip Smackers. However, today’s teenagers are capable of serious capital-l Looks, thanks largely to the proliferation of beauty tutorials on social media.
Nevertheless, it’s not just beauty. Tutorials of all varieties play properly on social media. Everybody wants to learn something new, particularly in case you can break it down into 60 seconds or less.
Quick-cooking tutorials are additionally widespread on TikTok. Typically, creators cross-promote their YouTube channel where they provide recipes in additional depth and detail.
Fitness is one of the other ideas for engaging TikTok Videos, with a ton of workout ideas and concepts from creators.
No matter your brand does or makes, discover an option to deliver it to life with a TikTok tutorial. Styling ideas, product demos… the opportunities are endless. Dive in!