In this part, we will share with you how to use the Instagram Story templates to create content for your brand.
How to use the Instagram Story templates
Here, you can learn how to customize these templates and include them in your Instagram Stories. You’ll need Adobe Photoshop to get began.
1. When you’ve downloaded and unzipped the Photoshop files, double click the image you’d like to customize to open it in Photoshop.
2. To edit text: double click the text you want to edit. You’ll be able to change fonts and colors in the menu on the left-hand side.
3. To edit a color block: choose the color block you want to edit with a double click. Change the dimensions or use the menu on the left-hand side to change the color.
4. To edit a photo: double click the photo you want to edit and click insert new picture. Resize the picture as necessary.
5. To save only one Instagram Story template: Choose this template and then click on Save>Export As>Artboard to Files. Ensure to save as a .jpg or .png.
6. To save all four Story templates: Choose Save>Export As. Ensure to save as a .jpg or .png.
7. Email the completed image file(s) to yourself and download them onto your phone.
8. Publish to Instagram Stories one at a time.
Instagram Story template apps
If this monster pack of templates still isn’t quite fitting your needs, that’s completely cool. You can create a personalized Instagram Story template of your very own utilizing Photoshop or these apps below.
Here are different apps for creating Instagram Story templates if you don’t have Photoshop, or if you don’t have many customization capabilities.
Not only are there thousands of beautiful templates in Adobe Spark’s free library, but it’s got built-in photo editing functionality too — so you can also make sure your pictures pop as much as the graphic design.
Adobe’s also had some starter templates for you to begin with. Put your personal spin on things and get experimental!
Download the Unfold app and explore an enormous library of ready-made Stories templates right on your phone. A monthly or annual subscription will open up even more choices.
A perennial favorite of the influencer crowd, A Design Kit’s designs will let you add elements, tweak colors, texturize, and more. Over 30 fonts offer a chance to really stand out from everyone else typing away with Instagram’s minimal choice.
Easil’s free version consists of 2,500-plus templates to play with, but if you feel like splashing out, the platform’s brand kit feature is pretty cool: it lets you store your color palette, logos, brand pictures and fonts in one place to pop into their sleek templates. There’s also a helpful collaboration feature, so you’ll be able to tag-team a Story with a teammate if you need an additional hand.
The unfortunately named GoDaddy Studio tool (previously Over) actually has some pretty sweet design choices. It’s ultimately a lure to attempt to get you to sign up for their web hosting services, however, you’ll be able to score some modern-looking templates for free.
Mojo’s specialty is animated Stories: toss your images or videos into one of their dynamic templates and adjust the timing, music, and text effects for an attention-grabbing message. New templates and styles are included every month.
With Crello’s free plan, you’ll be able to download 5 designs each month; a subscription plan provides extra options for tapping into their design library.
Okay, the Instagram Stories templates you’ll find on Creative Market are all paid choices… however, if you’ve received some bucks in your social media budget, you will get something unique in the $30-$70 range. Buy a cohesive pack that speaks to your brand and you’ll have loads of choices to play with. Most kits have tons of variations on a theme, so your Stories can stay on point but not repetitive.
Now that you know some stunning visuals, it’s time to buckle down and concentrate on crafting great content to go with it. Take a look at our list of 20 creative Instagram Story ideas or guides to must-know Instagram Stories hacks to get the inspiration flowing for your next post.