Continue with some other Instagram marketing tips you should know…
9. Use hashtags wisely
Hashtags is one of the best Instagram marketing tips that are a key method to improve your visibility and discoverability.
You could use up to 30 hashtags in an Instagram put up. However, realistically, you probably do not need to do that.
We recommend utilizing from 5 to 9 hashtags per post. More than that could look like hashtag stuffing, a spammy tactic that turns followers off. Worse, when you utilize irrelevant or repetitive hashtags, users could select not to see your content for that tag.
To get the most benefit, choose hashtags that:
- Are related
- Are particular to your niche
- Don’t encourage follow- or like-swapping (think #like4like or #followme)
If you need engagement on Instagram, you have to engage, too. Posting quality content is good, however, in case you ignore comments and never interact with any other profiles, you will have a lonely existence on the network.
At a minimum, reply to comments users post on your feed. But also seek out prevalent accounts in your niche, follow them, and like and comment on their posts. Make yourself visible in a non-promotional method.
If somebody tags you in a post, check it out and look for chances to engage. Could you re-share their post in your feed or in your story?
11. Don’t neglect Instagram Stories
Half of the companies on Instagram use Stories. And they are getting good outcomes: A third of the most-viewed Stories are posted by businesses. Stories are a key part of a great Instagram marketing technique.
Instagram Stories disappear after simply 24 hours. Followers expect them to be more real and raw than your curated Instagram feed. They provide a good chance to connect with fans and build relationships.
In our post, on the best methods to utilize Instagram Stories for business, we highlight the following methods:
- Tell a story: Have a message in mind, even for this in-the-moment format.
- Get interactive: Utilize Stories functions like polls and questions.
- Aim for personal connection: Stories are a big driver of Instagram direct messages that help build follower loyalty.
- Use a call to action: Do not rely on the small “swipe up” Instagram overlays for outside links. Use text to tell followers why they need to swipe.
- Be consistent: Like your Instagram feed, your Stories should align with your brand voice and aesthetic.
12. Use Stories highlights and covers to boost your bio
We covered all of the components of your Instagram bio in Tip 4. However, there’s a bonus component we did not mention: Stories highlight covers.
You could make highlight albums to preserve your top Stories content, so it does not disappear after 24 hours. Your highlight albums appear right under your bio, and you could make custom covers for each.
Used effectively, this adds a whole extra component to your bio, giving potential followers loads more info about your business and why they need to follow you on Instagram.
For instance, Rocky Mountain Soap Company uses highlights covers to share some of their core values.
13. Try Instagram Shopping
Keep in mind how we said you need to get a business profile? Here’s another reason why: Access to Instagram Shopping. This function, which isn’t available for personal accounts, permits you to sell products directly from Instagram posts and Stories.
Since you cannot link from Instagram posts, it is a big deal for brands. Right here’s an instance shoppable post from Clinique.
14. Post at the right times
Posting at the right times is one of the best Instagram marketing tips you should consider. Did you know that the best time to post on Instagram varies based on your industry? It’s true.
We analyzed over 250,000 posts from 11 different industries and found that there really is the greatest time to post, though Instagram feeds are no longer chronological.
Here are the best times to post for each industry we analyzed:
- Travel and tourism: Friday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Media and entertainment: Tuesday and Thursday, 12 to 3 p.m.
- Food and beverage: Friday, 12 p.m.
- Retail: Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 12 p.m.
- Professional services: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 9 or 10 a.m.
- Non-profit: Tuesday, 10 a.m. or 4 p.m.
- Non-retail e-commerce: Thursday, 4 or 9 p.m.
- Pharma and healthcare: Wednesday and Sunday, 9 a.m.
- Personal care: Thursday and Friday, 1, 2, or 3 p.m.
- Technology: Monday and Tuesday, 2 p.m.
- Education: Thursday, 4 or 5 p.m.
15. Try an influencer partnership
Working with an influencer could help to build your credibility while exposing your brand to a new audience. A survey by CivicScience found that 19% of American consumers have made a purchase due to an influencer or blogger recommendation.
One simple method to get began with influencer marketing on Instagram is to host an Instagram takeover. That means you invite an influencer to take over your Instagram account for a set period of time, like a weekend, or for a particular event.
You could preserve the Instagram takeover as a Stories highlight, as SheerLuxe did.
16. Increase your audience with Instagram adverts
The surest method to get your content in front of a new follower is to run an Instagram ad. Two million businesses are already utilizing adverts on Instagram. And they have to be working because 96% of U.S. marketers already utilizing Stories adverts plan to keep doing so.
Back in Tip 3, you defined your target audience. Now you could use that info to focus on your adverts based on:
- Location: State, province, city, country,…
- Demographics: Like age, gender, and language
- Interests: Such as other accounts people follow and apps they utilize
- Behaviors: Both on and off Instagram
You could also add custom audiences of people you have existing relationships with, and utilize these to make lookalike audiences.
You could advertise in the Instagram feed, or in Stories.
17. Refine your strategy with analytics
No matter how great you already are at Instagram marketing, you could always be better. The best way to enhance your outcomes is to learn from what you have already done. And the best way to do this is to study all the info available on Instagram Insights.
Right here’s everything you should learn about refining your strategy with Instagram analytics:
We hope these 17 Instagram marketing tips will help you have perfect strategies.