Continue with some other stats for Instagram to help you make perfect Instagram strategies…
18. 130 million Instagram users tap on shopping posts every month
Like the Instagram stat above, this shows that people are making purchases directly from Instagram.
Shoppable posts are still a relatively new function on Instagram, and the even newer checkout function makes it possible to purchase products without even leaving the Instagram interface.
19. Over 50% of Instagram accounts use Explore every month
The Explore tab is a place for Instagram users to find new content and new accounts to follow. Getting your content featured on Explore is a key method to expose your brand to new followers.
20. For back to school, Instagram users posted twice as many red apple emojis as green
Why should marketers care? It’s true it is a pretty random Instagram statistic. However, it shows that even small differences could affect how well people connect with something.
There’s no logical reason why people should prefer red apple emojis to green apple emojis, however, they do. Could this extend to their preference for apple color in Instagram posts or adverts? Only testing could tell you for sure—similar to testing is the only method to know for sure what colors, words, and content types connect greatest with your audience.
21. The heart love sticker is the most popular Giphy sticker in Stories
And the most used face filter is heart eyes. Meanwhile, the red heart emoji was used 14 billion times in 2018.
22. 14% of U.S adults use Instagram as a news source
That’s nowhere close to the percentage of people that get news from Fb (52%), however, it’s still worth considering when consider how to roll out new product launches and other brand announcements. Women make up the majority (62%) of news consumers on Instagram.
Instagram advert stats
23. Instagram’s potential advertising reach is 849.3 million users
That’s 14% of adults aged 13 and over. This represents a 5.9% quarter-on-quarter improve in advertising reach in Q3 2019.
24. Instagram advertisers could reach a youth audience of 52.9 million
To be particular, this Instagram stat refers to users aged 13 to 17. That makes Instagram third when it comes to youth advertising reach, behind Fb (113.3 million) and Snapchat (66.9 million).
25. Brands pay Instagram influencers between $100 and $2,085 per post
On average, of course. For videos, brands pay an average of between $114 and $3,138, and for Stories, they pay between $43 and $721.
In fact, this info is just a starting point to think about when excited about how much to pay Instagram influencers for your own campaigns.
26. U.S. Marketers spend 69% of their influencer budgets on Instagram
That’s way more than on any other network. YouTube comes in second at just 11%. When you are planning to incorporate Influencer marketing into your strategy, Instagram is the best place to begin.
Why do brands work with influencers? And how effective is this technique? Get the details in our post on how to take advantage of influencer marketing.
27. U.S. marketers spend 31% of their Instagram ad budget on Stories
They spend the other 69% on newsfeed. That’s a mix of about ⅓ Stories and ⅔ newsfeed. It’s a great balance to consider when planning your own Instagram advertising combine.
28. Instagram will earn $12.32 million in advert revenue in 2020
According to predictions by eMarketer. That’s a giant jump from $9.08 million in 2019 and just $6.18 million in 2018. Instagram’s advert revenue growth is outpacing that of its parent firm, Fb. That indicates brands are feeling more confident in Instagam’s ability to convert.
29. 73% of U.S. teens say Instagram is the best way for brands to reach them about new products or promotions
That’s significantly higher than the next-best options, Snapchat (49%) and email (37%). In the event you’re marketing to Generation Z, Instagram is your go-to platform.
Instagram publishing stats
Here are some fast brand publishing stats for Instagram.
30. 75.3% of U.S. businesses will use Instagram in 2020
That’s the prediction from eMarketer. They suggest only Fb will beat out Instagram, with 87.1% of U.S. marketers utilizing that network. If your business isn’t yet on Instagram, you need to know that your competition is likely already utilizing this powerful tool.
31. Brands post an average of 2.5 Stories per week
When you have been feeling overwhelmed by the idea of incorporating Stories into your Instagram combine, this stat might provide some relief. To stay on par with other brands, you do not need to be posting Stories every day.
32. One-third of the most-viewed Stories are from businesses
Stories are a more laid-back and intimate form of content on Instagram, however, they could be very powerful for businesses.
But you cannot just repurpose your Instagram newsfeed posts for Stories. We have got 7 ideas that will help you build a powerful Stories strategy that can assist you to catch up with other brands.
33. 60% of businesses on Instagram Stories use an interactive element every month
That includes location tags, @-mentions, polling stickers, and so on.
They are utilizing these interactive features for great reasons. The polling sticker increased three-second video views in 90% of beta campaigns, and Dunkin’ Donuts saw a 20% lower cost-per-view once they used the sticker.
34. Model Tales have an 85% completion rate
That’s a big year-over-year jump from 69%. This might be because brands are utilizing shorter Stories now, with an average of 5.2 frames in 2019 compared to 6.9 in 2018.
But longer Stories have better reach. Meaning the ideal length of a Story depends on your particular purpose.
35. Instagram represents 10.7% of social referral share to ecommerce sites
That’s method less than Fb’s 80.4%, however, more than any of the other social networks.
Instagram video stats
36. Stories stickers enhance video performance 83% of the time
But for photo Stories, utilizing two stickers actually reduces performance. Instagram’s parent firm, Fb, recommends utilizing stickers once they “help communicate key information about your brand or product,” however avoiding them if they “contribute to visual clutter.”
37. How-to tutorials are the most popular form of Instagram video content
Followed by behind-the-scenes posts, interviews, and news coverage. Buzzfeed’s Tasty videos might be the best-known example of how-to videos on Instagram. Think about what type of fun, quick, easy-to-implement instructions associated with your business or niche you can convert into a short Instagram video.