Running Contests on your Facebook Page is a straightforward strategy to get new Facebook likes, email subscribers and gross sales leads for your small business.
On this article I’ll present you 5 nice Facebook contest concepts that you should use to create extremely partaking and focused contests in your Facebook Page.
#1: Inform Us How You Would Use [Product] to Win it!
This Facebook contest concepts may be very easy: Take a product you promote and ask folks how they’d use it in the event that they owned it. Push individuals to consider one thing enjoyable, fascinating or uncommon they might use it for. You possibly can then give the winner the product and have them ship in an image of them utilizing it in the way in which they described: Supplying you with some bonus consumer-generated content material.
It’s my private favourite. It forces entrants to get extremely engaged together with your product by considering of fascinating methods to make use of it. That is nice for 2 causes:
- It will get entrants occupied with causes to make use of (and thereby buy) the product – making them extra prone to buy the product in the event that they don’t win it.
- It creates tons of social suggestions (testimonials) in your merchandise.
In the event you use a third get together app, like Wishpond’s Essay Contest App, to run such a contest, you possibly can make the most of constructed-in voting on entries to find out the winner. Entrants might be propelled to share as a lot as attainable with their associates to get the very best vote rely. This may get every of their associates to learn their suggestion of your product and pique their curiosity in testing your merchandise and enterprise.
A current Forrester Research report discovered that 70% of US on-line adults belief model or product suggestions from family and friends and 46% belief client-written on-line critiques, whereas simply 10% belief advertisements on web sites and 9% belief textual content messages from corporations or manufacturers. This makes every entry in this sort of contest a promotion in your firm that’s 10X as efficient as any commercial you may run.
Greatest Practices for Facebook Contest Ideas #1
- Within the contest description/particulars present some icebreaker examples to get individuals
- Within the posts you make in your Facebook Page to advertise the competition embrace person entries (and your individual favorites) of learn how to use the product – pictures of the use instances are a bonus
- Select a product that’s straightforward to think about attention-grabbing makes use of for. The product must be pretty mainstream that most individuals would have a use for, so everybody can simply consider one thing. The more area of interest the product, the much less individuals will know the way to use it, and subsequently enter.
#2: Take a Picture of Your self Utilizing [Product Name] OR At [Location] OR Doing [Activity]
This contest thought entices your clients to take images of themselves interacting together with your merchandise/providers or whereas they’re at one among your brick-and-mortar places. It’s much like #1, in that it creates a private suggestion/testimonial for your small business, however has each a serious benefit and drawback:
Benefit: A photograph gives convincing proof that you just suggest an organization and its merchandise, as you both have to have bought a product/service from the corporate or have visited one in all its areas.
Drawback: An entrant should have already bought your product/service or visited one in every of your places, which is a excessive barrier to entry.
For this sort of contest to achieve success it’s worthwhile to have already got a variety of prospects and followers in your Facebook Page. Why? Solely a average share of your clients will see or enter your contest. And to enter they should take the time to take a photograph of themselves doing one thing very particular. This once more will lower the variety of prepared entrants in your contest.
Try an instance under utilizing Wishpond’s Picture Contest App:
Finest Practices for Facebook Contest Concept #2
- Select a product that lots of people personal, or a extremely well-liked retailer location, to maximise entries
- Do your finest to decide on merchandise that aren’t liable to having inappropriate photos taken with them to keep away from undesirable photographs
- Present pictures constructed into the competition design of individuals utilizing the merchandise or at your retailer location to provide them concepts on how they’ll do it themselves.
#3: Title our new [Product]
I’ve discovered that individuals really take pleasure in this kind of contest: They get to have enjoyable considering creatively in regards to the product and get the prospect to truly decide in an organization. This second one is very essential for producing good will in your firm, as folks will see you as caring about and listening to your clients.
Letting your clients identify your product additionally provides you nice perception into what they give it some thought, what they worth about it and . The title they select will mirror their first impression of what they suppose it does and what they suppose is its power.
Take a look at an instance of a “Identify our new [Product]” contest from Cotton Carrier:
Greatest Practices for Facebook Contest Concept #3
- Just like #2, strive your greatest to decide on merchandise that don’t lend themselves to inappropriate names to keep away from undesirable entries
- Present particulars on the specification and makes use of of the product so folks can have a superb understanding of the way it works and what to name it
- Be sure to truly use the identify that wins the competition. To make sure the title is one you want, select the highest ten names with probably the most consumer votes after which have an inner panel of judges (or simply your self) determine on the ultimate winner
#4: Caption This to Win [Prize]!
The rise of memes on web sites like Reddit have made photograph caption contests a preferred solution to have interaction followers. The essential premise is that you simply post an image of one thing humorous or outrageous after which ask folks to put in writing a caption (title) for it.
For instance, this picture that Walmart just lately posted on its Facebook Page simply places me within the thoughts of the cat considering “I don’t discover this amusing human!”:
Greatest Practices for Facebook Contest Idea #4
- Use a quite simple picture that folks don’t have to consider or decipher
- Don’t use non secular or political figures or symbols – this could result in a lot controversy
- Use animals or infants in your pictures – these are statistically probably the most partaking images on Facebook
#5: Vote on which [Product/Service] We Ought to Placed on Sale
That is the perfect kind of contest to drive new gross sales. To run this contest you merely select 2 – eight merchandise, show them on a web page and permit individuals to vote on each (Wishpond’s Vote Contest App gives an entire out-of-the-field resolution for this kind of contest). Embody a title that reads “Whichever product will get probably the most votes will probably be 50% off subsequent week”. When the competition ends put up in your Fb Web page, and ship an e-mail to each one who participated, saying which product gained and the way prospects can redeem the low cost on it.
A twist on one of these contest is to ask folks to vote on which [Product/Service] it’s best to add to your seasonal line-up
Mountain Dew does this efficiently with its annual Dewmocracy Problem wherein individuals vote for which new taste Mountain Dew ought to launch that year. Test it out:
Collective has constructed a distinct segment for its enterprise by utterly crowdsourcing it’s product design via the usage of voting competitions. It asks their clients to vote on which bag designs they need to flip into actual merchandise to promote. Take a look at our case study of how they’ve used Wishpond’s Vote Contest App to do that.
Listed here are a couple of finest practices to observe when operating such a Facebook contest:
- Present an equal low cost for all merchandise. If the low cost is increased on some gadgets than on others, it’s going to skew the outcomes to these with the best low cost. It will reduce any dialogue or engagement about which product is finest, as individuals will focus purely on the value factors.
- Present completely different classes of merchandise to cater to your complete buyer base (don’t put six several types of dishwashers up, it won’t be very fascinating to anybody who doesn’t wish to purchase a dishwasher proper now)
- Entice folks so as to add comments about which product is best by telling them within the contest particulars/description
Facebook contests are a good way to drive new, focused leads for your corporation in brief bursts over an extended time frame. The principle factor to remember when arising along with your subsequent contest is to verify your small business is at its heart level. A easy enter-to-win sweepstakes making a gift of an IPad will get you a ton of entries, however nearly none of them will likely be occupied with your merchandise or enterprise. They’ll solely have an interest within the IPad.
Over the long-time period most of these contests will create a loyal buyer base that cares about what you are promoting for more than simply your merchandise or specials. After partaking frequently in a enjoyable approach with their associates, they’ll see your organization and a trusted, pleasant supply. And that is what results in long-time period clients.