Are you questioning how to get more followers on Instagram? Do you utilize Instagram contests, however want higher outcomes? Are you looking for inspiring prize ideas?
On this article, I’ll provide you with 10 examples of small companies utilizing Instagram contests. I’ll offer you a run down of what works, what doesn’t, and what actionable objects you should use to make your individual nice contest.
“Like” to Win Instagram contests
You don’t must run a photograph contest on Instagram. Your engagement could be even less complicated, by simply asking contributors to love your submit (by double clicking on it) and comply with you. This could get you heaps extra followers on Instagram, with out asking a lot from potential clients.
Right here’s an instance of a “Like” to Win Instagram contest:
#1. Drinkwel makes multivitamins for individuals who drink.
They host weekly Instagram contests. They’re quite simple, and common over 60 contributors per draw. They ask contestants to double-tap their product picture, and observe them (double clicking the picture will ‘like’ the photograph). They draw one winner randomly, and notify them by way of an @mention and ask for his or her e mail to ship additional particulars. Their prizes are their merchandise.
View this post on Instagram
Finally Friday, Labor Day weekend edition! In celebration of the LONG weekend full of beer, beaches and BBQ, we're giving away a free bottle Drinkwel. Just double-tap this photo and follow us on Instagram to be automatically entered into the random drawing. Winner announced sometime this weekend. #finallyfriday #lyteshow #contest
- The competition could be very simple to enter, and will get them extra followers.
- The prize is their merchandise, so this markets what they make.
- They run contests weekly, with adjustments to their prizes, making it a enjoyable behavior for shoppers.
- They congratulate the winner on their Instagram feed.
- They use a contest particular #finallyfriday to have interaction
- They embody a transparent CTA on contest picture
- They should promote with more hashtags – embrace tags their followers and shoppers use often to unfold the phrase in regards to the contest.
- They want a more pleasant picture for product – embody individuals, particularly individuals’s faces when advertising a product on a photograph sharing website like Instagram. This could make their business appear cooler and more personable.
What you may learn from this:
- Make your contests easy, and ask for a observe, if you wish to enhance your Instagram followers.
- Run weekly contests to develop habits in your customers, and construct momentum in your contests.
- Make your merchandise the prize.
- Use a contest particular hashtag.
Photograph contest of “selfies”
“Selfies” (photographs of your self) are massively common on Instagram. They’re straightforward images to take, they usually are inclined to get shared quite a bit by mates and friends of mates. Many companies get this. They use selfies to have interaction with their followers – and provides them an opportunity to win.
Listed below are two examples of Instagram photograph contests with “selfies”:
They’ve run a ‘selfie’ picture contest. They ask contestants to take a photograph of themselves and an omnomnom cookie. Folks submit their images with an @mention to the corporate. The winner(s) get a prize of a branded t-shirt.
- Picture entries embody their product, and joyful prospects.
- The competition picture could be very pleasant, enjoyable and personable.
- It’s easy to enter.
- The prize additional markets their model.
- The competition has a brief entry interval, creating a fast CTA for entrants.
- The competition may embrace a standard hashtag, so different contestants can see the entries.
- They may make this a weekly contest, with numerous themes or prizes to develop momentum of their contest engagement.
What you may learn:
- Make your contest pleasant and personable by a enjoyable contest picture, and by getting folks to share photographs of themselves.
- Make your contest easy.
- Hold your contest business and product associated.
#3. Wedding Wire is a wedding market.
They hosted a photograph contest to get folks’s finest marriage ceremony selfies over a protracted weekend. Folks submit their photographs by tagging the corporate, and utilizing a contest particular hashtag. The winner is introduced shortly after the weekend, and will likely be featured within the enterprise’ Instagram feed.
- It’s easy to enter, and the theme is consistent with their model
- They use a standard contest hashtag, so all the marriage ceremony pictures are shared and may be seen by everybody.
- They’ve a brief contest timeframe to encourage a fast CTA.
- The prize doesn’t value the corporate something, and it provides followers a little bit of fame.
- They posted a follow-up on Tuesday to remind followers to enter the competition.
- The competition picture may be very boring. They may embody a custom-made visible, exhibiting an instance of a terrific wedding ceremony selfie.
- The prize could possibly be more engaging, equivalent to together with a present card to Wedding ceremony Wire.
What you may learn from this:
- Use a typical contest hashtag to create a group on Instagram.
- Publish a follow-up reminder to get extra entrants.
- Customise your contest picture to make it more private and pleasant.
- Use a third party app to make the logistics of working an Instagram contest a lot less complicated.
Picture contest with Voting
An Instagram picture contest can create lots of sharing of your advertising efforts. Add in a public voting ingredient, and your contest might go viral. A photograph contest with voting motivates contestants to share their entry with everybody they know, in order that they will win your contest.
Right here’s a an instance of an Instagram photograph contest with voting:
4. Habby Travels is a two particular person journey company.
They hosted an Instagram picture contest, and have included a voting characteristic. Contestants share their greatest summer season journey pictures. Pictures could be submitted on Instagram, Facebook or via email. The winner will get a journey prize.
- They promote the competition on Instagram and Facebook.
- They use a variety of frequent hashtags to get their contest viral on Instagram.
- The prize is corporate associated – freely giving a journey prize.
- The competition theme is corporate associated, and they’ll get plenty of stunning photographs to summer season journey.
- The competition consists of public voting, to get their contest (and enterprise) shared much more.
- The competition picture is horrible, and never engaging to enter. They should have an ideal picture of a vacation pic, for instance, to advertise their contest.
- Internet hosting a contest with a voting component with 3 ways to enter may very well be a logistical nightmare for the corporate.
- They might want to manually hold monitor of all their entries and ensure they aren’t repeat entries.
- They might want to create the flexibility to vote on entries that have been emailed.
- They might want to maintain monitor of all of the voting, for every of the platforms.
What you possibly can study from this:
- Use a third party contest app that works on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and your web site to make working your contest a LOT simpler! You may handle all your entries for every marketing campaign by one simple dashboard. You may get entries by means of e-mail, too. See our Instagram photo contest app for more particulars.
- Embody a public voting function to get your contest shared my contestants.
- Make your contest look good. Customise your contest graphics with personable and interesting pictures in your contest theme.
In-store Photograph Contests
One among my favorite ways on Instagram is bringing the offline on-line. Instagram is a cell website. I adore it when companies use it to convey clients into their bodily retailer. An ideal manner to do that is thru ‘in-retailer’ Instagram picture contests. That’s, get folks to take images of themselves or your product whereas they’re in your retailer or restaurant.
Listed below are two instance of in-store Instagram photograph contests:
5. Travel Country is an outside journey clothes retailer.
They’ve each an internet retailer, and a bricks and mortar retailer. They ran a photograph contest to get the very best image inside their Florida retailer. The competition ran for one month. Photographs needed to have the competition particular hashtag to enter. The prize is a present card and merchandise they promote.
View this post on Instagram
Hurry! You only have a few more days to enter the contest. Remember the contest is the best picture inside of #travelcountry so stop by and be apart of this unique contest. #photo #contest #win #photography #photocontest #photooftheday #altamonte #florida #adventurelivesinside #outdoors
- They encourage foot site visitors, by getting folks to return to their retailer to take a photograph as a way to enter.
- They’ve a typical, contest particular hashtag, so everybody can see the entries, and everybody can see the nice consumer-generated content material (UGC) of their retailer.
- They use frequent hashtags too, when posting about their contest.
- The competition picture supplies a transparent CTA, and clearly states what individuals can win.
- The prize is business associated and motivating – a $a hundred present card and merchandise they promote.
- The length of the competition is one month. They might create sooner action by working weekly contests as an alternative.
- They may embody a public voting ingredient to construct momentum for the marketing campaign.
What you’ll be able to learn from this:
- Creatively use cell websites like Instagram to extend your foot visitors.
- Make an important contest graphic that features easy CTA’s and motivates with a simple to see prize.
- Embody a contest particular hashtag to construct a neighborhood of your clients on-line.
6. Tender Greens is a restaurant group targeted on native meals and area people.
They’ve been operating a photograph contest on Instagram to get the most effective pics of shoppers inside their institutions. Images should be tagged with a contest-specific hashtag. They select a winner weekly, and provides away a free t-shirt.
- They get patrons within the door by providing a prize for the very best in-restaurant photograph.
- They create an excellent advertising alternative, with UGC of fantastic images of their meals, folks and restaurant interiors.
- They create an internet neighborhood with a contest particular hashtag – which is in step with their model of supporting group.
- They select winners weekly, making it conducive to get patrons to enter extra typically (and dine with them more typically too!).
- The competition graphic is straightforward to learn, and contains nice instance pictures. It’s additionally in a personable, enjoyable font.
- They might embrace dates on the competition, to induce a faster CTA.
- They may embody a public voting factor, to get their clients to decide on the weekly winners.
What you possibly can learn from this:
- Use Instagram because the cell website it’s, to innovatively drive extra visitors to your door.
- Create a photograph contest with a particular hashtag to get a number of UGC of your merchandise and business.
- Make your contest graphics reflective of your small business.