Do you own, or do advertising and marketing for, a restaurant? Do you need to know methods to use social media to market your restaurant?
Including social media to your advertising combine can vastly enhance consciousness about your restaurant, generate motivated engagement along with your meals, and get you more clients in your door.
#1: Facebook Marketing
Fb offers an unimaginable alternative for eating institutions to attach with their clientele. You’d be onerous pressed to discover a patron of yours who is just not on this web site – and most of them are checking their updates just a few instances a day.
Facebook is a spot the place folks go to ‘hangout’ with buddies. That’s why they exit to eat too, proper? Listed below are seven ideas to make use of Fb in your advertising:
1. Cover picture – Be sure you take full benefit of your cover picture. You will have 851×351 pixels to market your enterprise totally free. Embrace scrumptious images of your meals, or folks having time having fun with a meal with pals. You may change your cowl picture at any time when you have got a menu change, and market the new items or specials.
Embrace a short description of your tasty morsels, from Bahama Breeze Island Grille
2. Facebook Page Tabs – Use tabs in your Facebook Page to entice folks to go to your eatery. The primary 4 tabs specifically are key – these are the tabs that present up in your entrance web page (with out clicking to open all of them). You’ll be able to see how successfully Bahama Breeze Island Grille makes use of these. Their first 4 tabs are: pictures of meals; places; food deals; and featured menu items.
They’re pondering like their buyer, and giving them the photographs and information a patron would need.
3. Use numerous images of your meals – The most shared posts on Facebook are photos. You’re within the enterprise of meals, and meals is extraordinarily visible. You should definitely embrace numerous photos of your meals in your common Facebook updates. _You might even create a lookbook of your present menu items. _
Right here’s an instance of some tasty-looking tuna tataki from Milestones:
4. Unique offers and group deals – Put up unique affords in your Facebook Page. Give offers to patrons in the event that they “like” your Page. Give group deals (utilizing a third party app, as per Facebook guidelines), to entice your Followers to share your take care of their associates – and get these pals to change into Followers of your Page too.
A gaggle deal can result in instant foot site visitors in your institution too!
5. Contests and sweepstakes – Use social sweepstakes and contests in your Fb Web page. These social promotions add pleasure, and an excellent motive to get your prospects coming again to each your Facebook Page, and your restaurant.
Right here’s an instance from a shopper utilizing our sweepstakes app. Wayne Gretzky’s Toronto ran a geo-targeted sweepstakes via Facebook to efficiently generate consciousness of their newly renovated digs, and their business new menu.
6. Geo target your advertisements – Fb adverts allow you to do all types of very particular, area of interest concentrating on. For eating places and diners, that is ultimate. You possibly can goal your advertisements to be seen solely by Facebookers in your explicit geographic location. You may also target your advertisements to be seen by these with particular likes, and by those that like sure pages.
Within the Wayne Gretzky instance, above, this could possibly be used to focus on the downtown Toronto space; to individuals who like hockey, sports activities and eating out; and who just like the Toronto Blue Jays Web page (okay, and possibly the Toronto Maple Leafs too).
Be aware: It’s also possible to geo tag your posts. You probably have a sequence of eating places, for instance, use this characteristic to indicate photos or updates out of your varied places.
7. Embed videos – Videos are very cool when embedded instantly into an replace, or in a tab. In case you have movies about how your meals is made, or you’ve gotten an interview along with your chef/ meals suppliers/ pleased customers – include them in an replace.
#2: Instagram Marketing
Instagram is a vastly fashionable picture sharing platform. With its seamless integration with Facebook, it’s used about 95% of the time when your patrons are posting photographs to their Facebook associates. You need to use Instagram along side your Facebook ways, or you need to use the positioning by itself. Listed here are seven ideas for Instagram advertising, by itself:
Use hashtags: Hashtags are enormous on Instagram. They’re very prevalent and related. Let’s define three major ways to make use of when utilizing hashtags on Instagram (or any social website).
1. Use trending hashtags – To extend consciousness about each your Instagram profile and your restaurant, embrace related trending hashtags. For instance, if it occurs to be #nationalcheesecakeday , and your culinary delights embrace cheesecake, put up a delicious picture of that dish.
2. Use area of interest hashtags – Get discovered more simply by your area of interest market by utilizing particular hashtags. For instance, for those who’re a bakery in New York, and are positioned in Soho, use geographic particular tags, like #sohoeats. Instagram is a mobile social site – you apply it to your cellphone. Together with a selected location in your tags can get you discovered by foot site visitors trying to eat – and so they could also be simply exterior your door.
3. Use marketing campaign particular hashtags – Whenever you’re operating a specific advertising marketing campaign (corresponding to a contest or group offer), create a tag only for that promotion. This lets your followers – and anybody else – interact together with your marketing campaign by utilizing your hashtag of their posts, too.
4. Images of menu objects – Instagram is a website of images. Use this chance to publish scrumptious photographs of your menu items.
5. Interact with menu objects – Take pictures of you menu one step additional – get your prospects to add their favorite objects, to assist construct your menu of pictures on the platform.
Such a person generated content material not solely will get your prospects concerned with you socially, it creates a stronger bond and buyer loyalty. Admire your patrons sufficient to ask them to be part of your menu choice making course of. They’ll need to eat at your home – and convey their mates to point out off their profitable contributions!
That is what Catch 122 did, utilizing #Catch122Menu as a typical tag.
It’s type of an incredible approach to get your clients speaking about and displaying your wonderful meals to their buddies on the positioning too. That’s phrase of mouth advertising and marketing gone viral!
6. Worker Appreciation – Take a photograph of your employees working along with your product or menu objects. It may very well be a chef, a waitress, or perhaps a busboy. Publish them to your organization Instagram feed, with a brief description.
You need to use most of these photographs to indicate that you simply’re an institution that values the those that be just right for you. On the identical time, you’ll doubtless create a cool working surroundings on your employees too! It additionally reveals that your restaurant is a enjoyable place to be and has nice customer support.
7. Picture Contests – If you wish to acquire a number of person generated content material (UGC), arrange a photo contest- on Instagram. A photograph contest can encourage your clients to have interaction with you, your menu gadgets, and your restaurant. They will generate a number of buyer loyalty, as somebody who takes a photograph and submits it in your contest will care in the event that they win or not. They’ll doubtless take into consideration that photograph, your menu merchandise and your restaurant for no less than just a little little bit of time.
Right here’s an instance of how a neighborhood connoisseur cafe used a photograph contest and a $15 present card to get UGC from their devoted prospects:
No matter is the exercise you might be about to plan, it is best to at all times think about how to get more followers on Instagram.