Looking for tips about how to get more and more followers and likes on Instagram? We’ve got a lot of advice for you, let’s take a look and see what fits you!
1. Post at the right time
Before you publish your photo to Instagram, there are two things to bear in mind: your audience’s time zone and what time they’re most often checking Instagram. Most Instagram users login in the morning, and in the evening, on their way home from work or college. Based on analytics firm Simply Measured, the most effective time to post on Instagram is on Wednesdays between 5:00 pm and 6:00 pm.
For brands, the least favorable time to post is in the course of the night time because an Instagram photograph usually has a life of only around four hours before it will get buried in followers’ feeds.
Post at times all through the day that you would be able to assume your audience has down time and is checking their accounts. For instance, when you’re a company whose target market is highschool students, post your picture within the afternoon during the time high schoolers are on their lunch break. Or, when you’re a business with numerous New York City- or London-based mostly followers, take into consideration posting during rush hour when you already know folks are caught on trains or busses and don’t have anything else to do but check their telephones.
2. Use popular hashtags
Relying on the industry you’re in, there are common Instagram hashtags that can be utilized to get more visibility in your photos. One of the best ways to discover popular hashtags in your business is to make use of Google, in fact! A simple Google search will let you know all you need to know.
A few of the most trendy Instagram hashtags you’ll discover include: #tbt (throwback Thursday), #instadaily, #photooftheday, #instagood.
Remember: Don’t go nuts together with your hashtags! A hashtag paragraph, as I wish to call it, on the backside of your picture will not be savvy. It will possibly look a bit of overzealous and cluttered. Instead, stick to utilizing 1-3 relevant hashtags per photograph.
3. Use your photo captions to ask questions
Probably the greatest ways to get more likes on your Instagram pictures is to make use of your photo’s caption to ask a question. This can be a great approach to drive not only photo likes, but comments, too.
4. Host a contest on Instagram
Hosting a contest is usually the most effective strategy to boost engagement and get new followers quick on any social community. Since Instagram has grown in popularity, it makes it among the best social platforms to run.
5. Share teasers
For product-based mostly businesses, add photos to Instagram that characteristic teasers of a soon-to-be-released product or an thrilling event that’s around the corner. Teaser pictures are nice for catching users’ curiosity and for driving photo likes! Check out an excellent example of an Instagram teaser photo from the California-primarily based clothes firm The Hundreds.
6. Use apps: Use photo-editing apps to reinforce your photos before you post them Instagram. There are many photograph-modifying apps available on the market which are super simple to use. Below are a couple of of the most effective, together with a short description of what they do:
• Instaframe: Instaframe is a free app that lets you create actually awesome picture collages. There are many photo collage apps accessible, however this one is by far my favourite. Take a look at below Uber SF’s cool picture college they posted for their Uber ice cream event!
• Squaready — Instagram Layouter: Whenever you upload a photograph to Instagram from your phone’s photo library, Instagram will make you crop it into the form of a square. If you wish to feature an entire photograph without cropping it, Squaready lets you do that. Bonus: it’s free!
• Picfx: If you wish to really pump up the look of your picture with filters, Picfx ($1.99) is your go-to app. It has 100+ effects, textures and frames to select from, and can mechanically format your photograph right into a square for simple Instagram uploading.
• Camera+: Digital camera+ ($1.99) one of the well-liked photograph-editing apps obtainable. Use Camera+ to adjust the lighting, brightness, distinction and clarity of your images. It’s additionally a very helpful app for shooting, because it allows you to zoom more tightly and improve your lighting on the spot!
7. Ask your users for help
If it’s a purpose of your brand’s to get on Instagram’s most popular “Explore” web page, and you’ve got sufficient followers to take action, don’t be afraid to ask in the picture caption part of your next uploaded photograph. Ask and sometimes you shall obtain!
8. Use Instagram video
Instagram videos are the latest approach for businesses to have interaction with fans. Right here’s an incredible instance from Ballet Opera de Paris, promoting a brand new film.
9. Show love to your followers
One brand that’s an awesome example for how one can present love to your followers is designer Rebecca Minkoff. If you happen to check out their Instagram account, they usually share fan-snapped photos that characteristic their products.
By posting fan photos, it encourages different followers to tag their photographs with your brand’s hashtag or to mention your brand’s account name in the hopes of being the following fan photo used.
10. Make the most of your Instagram bio
Don’t neglect your Instagram bio! Use this space to characteristic a call to action, branded hashtags and web links. Or better still, use ShortStack to build and Instagram campaign that you can easily update without having to change the link in your bio every day.
For Instagram users who’re new to your brand and come across your account for the first time, this part is necessary– it often plays a hand in a user’s choice to follow your online business or not.
Read more: How to Create Custom Instagram Feeds