With over 300 million users, you’ll be able to’t go far nowadays without seeing somebody staring down at their display, scrolling via Instagram. It is sensible, as Instagram is the fastest growing social media platform out there.
However how will you get followers participating on Instagram and creating consumer-generated content material?
An Instagram hashtag contest is the right answer to incentivize engagement along with your business, get consumer-generated content material. and guarantee your business is seen by your entrant’s community. Let’s discover out how one can successfully create and run yours!
What’s an Instagram Hashtag Contest?
An Instagram Hashtag Contest is without doubt one of the easiest methods to get followers interacting along with your business. It entails a person posting their very own image on Instagram, then tagging it with a selected hashtag that your corporation has chosen.
All photos uploaded with that hashtag are then displayed in a gallery page in your web site or Facebook Page in addition to being proven in a single single stream on Instagram.
Any such contest means that you can deepen the emotional connection you have got with followers. You get them speaking about your corporation to their very own networks whereas additionally capturing consumer-generated content material which you’ll be able to then use for future advertising efforts.
What’s greater than having followers as model advocates? Not a lot in any respect.
As soon as within the gallery, all images with the hashtag can then be voted on, shared or preferred. This will increase the attain of your contest and your enterprise massively, permitting different customers to find you on the platform. You possibly can then select if you wish to show submissions within the gallery based mostly on most votes, most up-to-date submission, or randomly.
Why They Work
As a contest supplier for the previous few years, we at BMP know precisely what varieties of contests work in participating followers and rising your fanbase.
And Instagram Hashtag Contests is our quickest rising contest phase.
So why all of the fuss? What makes an Instagram Hashtag Contest so efficient?
- Utilizing a particular hashtag permits you to unfold the phrase a few marketing campaign, exposing your corporation to new customers
- It requires little effort from your corporation – the toughest half merely being developing with an excellent, catchy hashtag and theme
- You get rewarded with engaged followers and genuine pictures from the shopper themselves, displaying your small business via their eyes
Instagram Hashtag Contest Inspiration
As good as it could be for me to explain in nice element every factor of a great Instagram hashtag contest, taking a look at examples might be a greater means so that you can achieve some inspiration.
Listed here are three hashtag contests run by our purchasers over the previous few weeks with a proof of why they work:
High Society Freeride
This contest, run by outside and sporting items retailer High Society Freeride, received customers participating with the brand by displaying issues they like to do within the nice outdoor.
Why I like this contest:
- The hashtag #onelifemakeitcount actually appeals to High Society’s goal market (younger individuals). The hashtag acquired customers to share content material that they’d really wish to put up because it revolves round images of issues they’re captivated with. It’s additionally possible that their goal market has a bunch of related images inside their Instagram account anyway.
- The prize of a $one hundred reward certificates is related and priceless to Instagram customers (extra beneficial, even, than a particular product price $100). Additionally it is proportionate to the extent of effort required for customers to take part.
- They’ve requested customers to tag their enterprise within the picture, permitting all uploaded photos to even be proven on their account of their tagged photograph part.
Mindzai Creative selected to make use of an Instagram Hashtag Contest to seek out their subsequent print design.
That is one other nice instance of a hashtag contest as a result of:
- It makes it very straightforward for individuals to submit their drawing with the easy add of a photograph.
- They selected to pick out 2 winners, incentivizing contributors to enter as they’ve a better shot at profitable.
- I additionally like how they’re selecting the winners in a different way, one by fashionable vote (which additionally will increase the consumer’s feeling of being immediately concerned and cared about by the business) and the opposite by the Mindzai employees.
Airrosti Rehab Centers
Airrosti is a healthcare group that delivers musculoskeletal care and does a number of work with Crossfit shoppers.
There are a few causes we like this contest:
- They’ve required entrants to comply with them, rising their Instagram fanbase and rising consciousness of their business on-line.
- They’ve chosen a contest theme that could be very related to potential followers, permitting them to showcase their particular person health coaching for the Crossfit Open, whereas nonetheless tying of their business.
- The prize package deal could be very particularly related to their audience. Providing very lively folks some of these merchandise which might be useful to their wants and pursuits is ideal. They know what crossfitters would need to win and have chosen their prize accordingly.
What Hashtag Ought to I Use?
Developing with a hashtag that works for your small business doesn’t have to be too sophisticated. Consider your brand’ title and the objective you’re seeking to accomplish along with your marketing campaign.
For instance the High Society hashtag #onelifemakeitcount is a reasonably broad hashtag open to partcipants’ interpretation whereas Mindzai’s marketing campaign has particular pointers and makes use of the easy hashtag #mindzaicontest.
Be certain that your hashtag is one thing that’s straightforward to recollect and grabs the eye of customers. That method in the event that they see their good friend’s picture along with your hashtag they are going to hold it in thoughts and presumably enter themselves.
You additionally wish to goal to maintain it as brief as potential whereas nonetheless sustaining which means. Customers are more likely to make use of a 6 character hashtag than a 20 character one. A vacation theme can also be an awesome concept for a hashtag contest as customers publish extra photos across the holidays and are more curious about profitable themed items or prizes. So long as it’s distinctive and particular to your business and fascinating to your customers, any hashtag can work. The more inventive and enjoyable although, the more success I’d wager on.
Instagram hashtag contests are among the finest methods to have interaction your viewers on social and get them interacting together with your business.
Put up your individual images in your account to advertise the competition and guarantee your entire Fb and Twitter followers are conscious of the competition to maximise participation.