Continue to discover Social Media Advertising Statistics that Matter to Marketers…
Twitter ad statistics
25. Twitter shows ads to 152 million “monetizable users” every day
That’s a 21% lift year over year.
If this quantity seems small in comparison with the other platforms, notice that Twitter recently started measuring its consumer base in another way (daily, not monthly; and solely the monetizable ones) to provide a clearer image to advertisers.
Also, notice that the platform usually punches above its weight: 92% of Americans know what Twitter is, even if they don’t use it.
26. While 80% of Twitter’s users are international, only around 43% of the platform’s revenue comes from non-U.S. markets
Simply want to point out right here that in case your brand’s target audience is not U.S.-based, Twitter may be a less saturated feed to advertise in.
27. Ad engagements increased 29% in Q4 2019
Twitter says this quantity was due to “elevated impressions driven by viewers growth and improved clickthrough rates.” The platform factors to enhancements they’ve made in advert focusing on and relevance
28. Twitter’s cost-per-engagement dropped 13% in Q4 2019
This is good news for brands. Twitter blames video for this price drop, as a result of video generally have decrease CPE.
29. Twitter users spend 26% more time viewing ads than users on other platforms
And 90% of individuals on Twitter learn the copy, which is higher than another social platform.
Check out our guide to Twitter ad strategy here.
30. Promoted tweets with video have a 50% lower cost-per-engagement
The video additionally earns 10x more engagement basically. Tweets with video are 6x more likely to be retweeted than tweets with a photo.
Snapchat ad statistics
31. Snapchat has 218 million daily active users as of Q4 2019
That’s a 17% enhance over 2019. In accordance with Hootsuite’s calculations in Digital 2020, the platform’s monetizable customers make up 6.3% of the global population over the age of 13.
32. 82% of Snapchat’s advertising audience is 34 or younger
Snapchat’s youthful repute continues. Customers are additionally more likely to determine as female.
Source: Digital 2020
33. Snapchat’s advertising revenue is forecast to be about 2 billion USD in 2020
Compare that to Facebook, which made 20 billion USD in the last quarter of 2019 alone. This can be an area of interest platform with none of the scale (but also none of the saturation) of the main platforms.
34. Snapchat ads are 7x more efficient than TV ads at reaching Gen Z
Additionally notice that in response to the same Neilsen study, 72% of Snapchat advert viewers weren’t even reachable by TV adverts.
In case your audience is Gen Z or younger, we have now really useful information to Snapchat ads for you. [contenupgrade variant=popup]
LinkedIn ad statistics
35. LinkedIn ads reach 12% of the world’s population and 62% of the American population
In accordance with the newest LinkedIn statistics, the platform is rising at a clip with 675 million customers worldwide.
In America, according to Pew, the more money an individual makes and the more education they’ve, the more possible they’re to use the platform.
36. LinkedIn is the top paid (and organic) channel for B2B content entrepreneurs
LinkedIn might have begun as a glorified CV site, however, in recent years it has arguably cornered the B2B content material marketing angle.
A key benefit here is that the LinkedIn algorithm actively helps brands (rather than downranking them like some algorithms we might identify.)
Source: Content Marketing Institute
37. 89% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn for lead generation
As a result of LinkedIn’s advertising can goal customers by industry and job title, it’s significantly helpful in producing leads, for each marketing and sales folks.
38. Sponsored InMail has a 52% open rate, on average
Compare that to your average branded email’s open rate, which is 21.3%. In case your mid-funnel marketing technique entails getting your worth proposition in the front of the right eyes, sponsored InMail might be a fascinating selection.
39. LinkedIn is the top platform for brand safety
In the past few years, ensuring that your social media advertising isn’t displaying up beside polarized political misinformation or pictures of suffering koalas has to become a strategic concern for nearly every brand.
In a survey of social media advertising decision-makers, Linked scored a +45 on brand security. Every other social platform was in the adverse double-digits.
YouTube ad statistics
40. YouTube brought in $15 billion USD in ad revenue in 2019
Last year was the first time parent company Alphabet broke out YouTube’s advert revenue from Google and different properties. (For those who are curious: these 15 Bees were a measly 9% of the behemoth’s total income for 2019.)
41. 70% of YouTube views are on mobile, but TV screens are the fastest-growing screen segment
This stat issues to social media advertising as a lot as content material creators. In accordance with YouTube, watching on smart TVs, Apple TV, Roku, and game consoles are up 39%.
In case your YouTube adverts are already optimized for mobile, you might quickly be asking your video workforce to optimize for an 80-inch flatscreen with surround sound, as well.
42. YouTube Preferred ads lift recall by 112% and purchase intent by 53%
YouTube “Preferred Ads” solely run on the top 5% of YouTube channels, so these aren’t your average stats. Nevertheless, in case you have the budget, these may be akin to the Super Bowl of YouTube.
YouTube’s brand security problem was among the worst of the platforms over the previous few years. In December 2019 YouTube made a point of publicizing that their algorithm updates at the start of that year had resulted in a 70% drop in time spent watching harmful content material.