Reels is getting new tools for creators both on Facebook and Instagram. Over the next few weeks, Facebook will be adding new creative tools and features to Reels. These make it easier than ever to create, edit, and schedule Reels.
- Poll, Quiz, and Emoji slider stickers, which were first popular on Instagram Stories, are now available on Instagram Reels.
- On Facebook, they are rolling out globally “suggested reels” in Feed, giving creators more ways to be discovered, extend their reach, and grow their audiences.
- They are starting to roll out new creative tools on Facebook and Instagram Reels today.
These updates will not only make it easier to create and edit Reels, but also help new audiences easily discover your Reels.
Reels is getting new tools #1
- Create and schedule Facebook Reels on desktop: On the desktop, you can create and schedule Facebook Reels. In addition to creating Facebook Reels on iOS and Android, Creator Studio now allows you to create, edit, and publish Facebook Reels from your web browser. You’ll also be able to schedule Facebook Reels in this manner.
- Clip to Reels: Clip to Reels They’re starting to roll out desktop video clipping tools, making it easier for creators who publish long-form, recorded, or live videos to experiment with different formats. This feature allows you to create clips from published long-form videos and seamlessly edit them into a Facebook Reel using Creator Studio. They’re releasing editing tools for gaming video creators that will allow them to generate short-form Reels directly from their Live content. You now cut down Live clips to a vertical-friendly 60-second format, with dual views for both gameplay and creator cam.
- Enhance your Facebook Reels with new audio tools: New audio tools will help you improve your Facebook Reels. So you can narrate your videos, Facebook Reels now supports voiceovers for your recordings. They’ve also introduced Sound Sync, which allows you to sync your video clips to the beat of your favourite song. Text-to-speech allows you to have one of several digital voices read the text in your reels.
Reels is getting new tools #2
- Increase the length of your video to 90 seconds: They’re extending the length of Instagram Reels to 90 seconds, giving people even more time to express themselves creatively.
- Use stickers to interact with your audience: They’re bringing some of your favourite Instagram Stories stickers to Reels. You’ll have new ways to connect with people through your reels with polls, quizs, and emoji slider stickers.
- Upload your own audio: You can now import your own audio directly into Instagram Reels. That is a game changer for creating unique Reels on the go. Use the Import Audio feature to add commentary or a background sound from any video on your camera roll that is at least 5 seconds long.
- Templates can inspire you: Templates allow you to quickly and easily create your own reel. It based on the structure of a reel you’ve seen. When you find a reel you like, tap ‘Use Template’ to import the audio and clip sequence. You can then add and trim your own content to make it your own.
Getting in new feed and reaching your audience
On Facebook, suggested reels are being rolled out globally in feeds to help you get discovered by people all over the world. They’ve also globally expanded Reels in Watch, so people can now find Facebook Reels in Feed, Groups, and Watch. Creators on Instagram can recommend their reels on Facebook to increase the reach of their content.
As a general best practice, creators should prioritize original content in places where Facebook algorithms recommend Reels.
With Reels being by far our fastest-growing content format, providing creators with these new tools and features. These can help them reach their full potential, providing more opportunities to be in new feed and earn a living.