There is no magic number of views or followers you must get in order to be verified. TikTok doesn’t automatically verify massive accounts. But, you can ask for verification, just like on other platforms. Tiktok used to have a secret verification system. Then, they now enable TikTok users to ask for verification. However, proving that you’re qualified for verification will be quite tough.
Instruction to request Verification on TikTok
- Open your Profile in the bottom right corner of the TikTok app, then tap the Menu button at the top right.
- Choose Privacy and Settings.
- After selecting Manage account, select Verification. You can only apply for Business Verification if your account is set up as a Business Account. You can apply for Personal and Institutional Verifications if you have registered as a Personal Account.
- To submit a verification request, follow to the steps in the app. The time for approval could take up to 30 days
Are you curious about how to get verification for other platforms, maybe Instagram? We have the answer for that right here!
Best Tip to Help You Get Verification
This one could appear to be rather obvious. However, before being verified, most TikTik accounts have at least one huge viral explosion. You may come to TikTok’s attention if you appear on the platform’s “For You” page.
Here are some ways to go about it:
- Give the video a compelling opening. If your video doesn’t catch viewers’ interest within the first few seconds, they’ll just scroll past it.
- Have a story: Nobody is a natural dancer. Those who can express their message in a dramatic or funny way are at an advantage.
- Keep it short: TikTok considers average watch time when determining quality. An 8 to 10-second piece has a higher chance of being fully watched than a 1-minute video.
- Interact with viewers: With each post, you should aim to build a community.
Get media coverage, and even more
Getting featured in a magazine, newspaper, on television, or radio is unquestionably helpful. However, collaborating with other well-known artists on podcasts, YouTube videos, and online articles is a fantastic way to get your message out there.
You know what? Those places are also looking for content. Simply give them a reason to notice you.
Find your specialty and keep producing
It takes frequent posting and authentic content to build any brand on social media. But when you become well-known for something, it will be simpler to draw in new followers and keep the ones you already have. Because of this, it’s important to get started creating catchy, compelling content.
Keeping up with TikTok’s challenges and trending hashtags is helpful. You should also stay up to date with the songs and artists that are popular on TikTok. The reason is that music is one of the most significant aspects of the platform. Moreover, you might be able to obtain a stitch or duet from another TikTok verified account by taking part in a trending dance challenge.
Get verified on a different social media network
You can also apply for verification on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. And after receiving approval on one platform, your chances of receiving verification on another increase significantly.
- Facebook enjoys verifying accounts look professional or representatives of an official brand.
- Twitter verifies well-known, active accounts that fit into one of six categories. It can require you to offer evidence of legitimacy in some circumstances.
- Instagram is a challenging target to hit. In essence, it will only confirm accounts that could possibly be impersonated.
Your chances of becoming verified on TikTok can increase after becoming verified on other platforms. If you have a blue checkmark on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, the TikTok crew will know that you are a legit internet celeb. Y ou can link those accounts to your TikTok profile.
Do not break the rules
Like any other social media network, TikTok will only verify accounts that comply with its terms of service and community guidelines. Remember that and try to not get a flag for your account.