15% of the social media users within the US use Facebook to shop, making it the second social network after Pinterest where they shop the most. This implies the onus is on you to make consumers’ purchasing experience as seamless as possible, which brings us to Facebook Shops.
That is the latest Facebook update and, by far, the biggest jump into e-commerce after Facebook Marketplace and Shop Pages.
Shops catalogs your merchandise in collections, permitting clients to browse, save, share, and even purchase your merchandise throughout the app.
Wondering the way to set up a Facebook shop?
Let’s walk you through the advantages Shops provides, what you should create a shop, and how one can set it up.
Right here we go.
What’s a Facebook Shop page?
It may be easy to get confused between a Facebook Shop page and Facebook Shop owing to their names.
However, it’s simple: hop pages are predecessors to Shops. Facebook has announced shop pages will regularly be transformed into Shops and owners will get an e-mail, notification, or both informing them.
What’s more, Facebook Shops offers you the choice to supply in-app checkout (presently solely available in the US). On the flip side, shop pages direct customers to your web site for finishing their order.
What are Facebook Shops fees?
Whereas setting up a Facebook store is free of cost, there’s a Facebook shop fee relevant for orders processed utilizing the in-app checkout choice. This transaction fee amounts to 5% on every order or a straight cut of USD 0.40 for orders of USD 8.00 or less.
In case you’re planning to set up your Facebook Store instantly, right here’s some good news for you: Facebook has waived the transaction charges until the end of this year (Dec 31st, 2020).
What are the advantages of Facebook Shops?
90 million small companies use Facebook to connect with their audience for all the advantages that the network offers. With a Facebook retailer, these advantages are only going to develop.
To start with here’s what Shops provide:
- A Facebook shop is integrated into the Facebook family of apps. This means a person will discover the identical Shop on Instagram as they might on Facebook. Talk about a memorable impression!
- With the in-app checkout, your consumers won’t need to jump from website to website to place an order, which makes finishing an order smoothly. Facebook additionally shops their credit card info, which makes purchasing even more seamless.
- The in-app checkout feature additionally makes it simple for these of you without a website to set up a Facebook on-line store. And, that too with zero upfront investment.
- Shops are customizable, permitting you to alter your Shop’s button shade and text size amongst different styling choices.
- There’s no limit to the merchandise you possibly can add to your store. Set them up in collections for easy searching, enhancing consumers’ experience.
- Lastly, Shops makes it simple for you to help your prospects with any queries, thanks to the in-app buyer help with Messenger, WhatsApp, and Instagram Direct.
In the future, clients will also be able to place orders directly via these chat channels, so there are more advantages to come.
How to create a Facebook Shop
As long as you’re selling physical items that meet Facebook’s commerce policies, you’re all set to create a store following the steps below.
For these of you selling digital merchandise, take heart. Facebook is exploring the choice to permit you to create a Store in the future. So, keep your eyes peeled on this Facebook updates web page where we curate all the latest options for you.
Facebook Shop requirements
Ensure you check off these requirements from your listing before creating your store:
- Have a commerce account in Commerce Manager.
- Be a Business Manager admin with Manage catalog permissions to your product catalog in Business Manager.
- Have a Facebook Page or have the Manage Page permission for it.
Facebook Shop setup
Your work here begins within the Commerce Manager. In case you don’t already have a Commerce Manager account, kick issues off by hopping on to facebook.com/commerce_manager/.
Choose to Create New Account and select Set up on Commerce Manager (shown below) for making a local Facebook Shop with the in-app checkout.
When you’ve got a store on an e-commerce platform like Shopify, you possibly can choose the other choice for uploading your merchandise and collection via the shop. We’ll circle back to this in just a bit. For now, let’s present to you the way to make a Facebook retailer natively.
When you choose to Get Started for Facebook, you’ll be required to fill in 3 categories:
Begin with clicking the blue Set Up button for coming into your Business information details. Fill in your commerce account identify. For the sake of consistency, give your account your business identity.
Moving on, connect your Facebook Page. When you’ve got multiple Facebook Pages, choose the one you want to create a store for.
Once done, link your Business Manager account and click on Finish Setup.
Now, return to the initial setup screen and fill in particulars under Products and settings. You possibly can either create a new catalog or upload merchandise from an existing one.
Next, add shipping details within the Set Your Shipping Options part.
Once you’re done, go ahead and click on Next. You’ll see another part where you want to fill in order refund details and a customer service email.
Once you complete this page, you’re left with one final step – the Payouts part – for finishing your Commerce Manager account.
For this last step, return to the initial screen again and choose Get Began under Payouts. Right here, enter your bank account details where Facebook can send your payments to you. You’ll additionally need to fill in different required fields like the state you’re doing business in and tax info.
Ta-da! Your store is nearly prepared. Now, onto adding merchandise and styling your storefront.