Instagram Stories now look better than ever with tons of stickers, filters, and animations. That might be because there are tons of amazing apps available to better your Instagram stories.
With so many tools at your fingertips, creating stellar content has never been easier.
It’s also never been more important—especially for brands.
But simply pushing out a Story isn’t enough. Creating Instagram Stories that actually convert takes time, energy, and creativity. It also takes the right tools.
In this post, we provide you with 15 of the best Instagram Story apps to explore.
15 Instagram Story apps marketers should know
What to use it for: Unfold allows you to design beautiful collages for Instagram Stories. With one of its tons of free templates, you can make your images a smooth, branded feel. Mix text, photos, videos, and more within the same story.
- 25 free templates
- 90 premium (paid) templates
- Advanced text options, including multiple typefaces
- Compatible with photo and video
What to use it for: Almost everything! InShot is one of the highest-rated apps for Android and iPhone. It’s also one of our favorite Instagram apps for business.
InShot comes with tons of advanced features for both photo and video. You can edit your photos, add music into your videos, and more. Ensure to set your canvas ratio to 9:16 before you start editing.
- Extensive video and photo editing tools, including filters, icons, and speed-control
- Pre-made templates for photo collages
- Options for adding music to videos and background to photos
Curious? Check out InShot’s promotional video to see it in action.
What to use it for: Hype-Type is one of the best Instagram Story apps for better your text. Play around with different fonts and styles. Add fun, animated typography to your Instagram Stories.
- Wide range of text animations and fonts
- Compatible with photo and video
- Simple to use: just upload your image and add text
4. Adobe Spark (App Family)
What to use it for: Adobe Spark is a versatile family of apps that’s easy to use. Together, they help you to create professional-looking content without a professional design background.
- Spark Video allows you to combine videos into compelling Stories. You can add effects, sounds, animations, and more.
- Spark Post helps you create beautiful graphics for any social platform. You can edit images, add typography, and find stock photos.
- Add animation to video posts
- Multiple text style, cutout, and effect options
- Extensive library of stock photos
- Easy synching with cloud backup
- Add sound from Adobe’s collection or your own phone
See for yourself with Adobe Spark’s introductory video.
Price: Free, with some paid features
Download: iOS or Android
What to use it for: Need to revamp a Story in a pinch? Canva has you covered. This is one of the easiest of all Instagram Story apps. Upload your videos and add stickers, icons, or text. Try one of several premade templates. Download, and you’re done.
- 60,000+ templates
- 1 million+ background photos
- Includes grids, photo vignette, and other design tools
- Multiple stickers, icons, badges, textures, and frames to choose from
Price: $4.99 US
Download: iOS only
What to use it for: More and more social videos are viewed without sound. That’s why captions are so important. They ensure your Stories work well for silent viewing. The also make them more accessible for people with hearing issues.
Clipomatic streamlines the process. The app transforms spoken words into live captions with the click of a button. It also provides you with some visual tools to make your videos pop.
- Automatic captioning with Smart Video Editor
- Available in 40 different languages
- Selection of typography options available
- Works on multiple platforms (not just Instagram)
- Visual filters available
What to use it for: Over is one of the best apps for editing. Use one of many premade templates or create your own. Add stickers, fonts, texts and more.
Over is a more advanced app, so it can take some time to learn. But once you’ve got the basics covered, it can open lots of possibilities.
- Includes a range of backgrounds, fonts, stickers, and more
- Vast library of templates
- Add unlimited photos to a single canvas
- Create content for social media posts, ads, posters, and more
For inspiration, check out Over’s promotional video. Browse their #bestofover community to see how others are using the app.