You’ve already got the memorable photo to share on Mother’s Day, it’s time to find the perfect Instagram captions for Mother’s day.
Moms deserve to be loved 365 days a year, but definitely on Mother’s Day. The holiday is on May 9, and you may be planning to give Mom a thoughtful card or a Mother’s Day gift. One or both of those ideas is great, but you might also consider sharing your love for Mom online as well. There’s nothing like commemorating the holiday with a sweet Mother’s Day photo on Instagram to show the world how much you love your mother.
This year, so many of us can’t be with our mothers because of the social distancing. And some people have lost moms to COVID-19. Posting a photo of you and your mom on social media platforms may help you feel a bit more connected. Plus, it will help your siblings, friends, and other loved ones show love to your mom, too, by interacting and commenting on the post.
Going back through your photo archives can allow you to remember all the great times you’ve had with your mother. And you will smile at all of the silly and memorable photos you have that you can post! However, sometimes finding both the perfect photo and the right words to say with it can be difficult. These sentimental quotes about moms and daughters and funny Mother’s Day puns are here to lead you in the right direction. There’s a bit of something for all the people — interesting captions for a silly throwback, song lyrics for the mom who loves to jam out, quotes to use for a stepmom who’s close to your heart, and even Mother’s Day poems appropriate for anyone who’s lost their mom recently or in the past.
Whether you want to keep it simple as a one-line caption, or you start with one of these and let your creativity blossom from there, your friends and family will definitely love the thoughtfulness you put into your Instagram captions for Mother’s Day.
- Mom, thank you for not telling my siblings that I’m your favorite.
- Happy Mother’s Day. Thanks for puddin’ up with me.
- “Life doesn’t come with a manual, it comes with a mother.” — Unknown
- Cheers to the woman who gave up alcohol for nine months, just for me.
- Mom: A title just above queen.
- “Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.” — Susan Gale
Punny Mother’s Day Captions
- Everything you do is so mom point.
- You’re mum-believable!
- Today, we take a mom-ent to celebrate you!
Sentimental Mother’s Day Captions
- To the woman who gives the best hugs! I love you, Mom.
- We didn’t always see eye to eye, but we’ll always see heart to heart.
- Thank you for always knowing what to say, for sharing your infinite wisdom, and for making me laugh, Happy Mother’s Day Mom!
- Home is where the mom is.
Song Lyrics for Mother’s Day Captions
- “Mama, I love you, Mama, I care. Mama, I love you, Mama, my friend.” — Spice Girls, “Mama”
- “You taught me everything. Everything you’ve given me, I’ll always keep it inside. You’re the driving force in my life.” — Boyz II Men, “A Song For Mama”
- “You showed me how to love, you showed me how to care, you showed me that you would always be there.” — Backstreet Boys, “The Perfect Fan”
- “You might have a mom, she might be the bomb, but ain’t nobody got a mom like mine.” — Meghan Trainor, “Mom”
- “I only love my bed and my mama, I’m sorry.” — Drake, “God’s Plan”
Quotes for Instagram Captions in Mother’s Day
- “A mother is one to whom you hurry when you get trouble.” — Emily Dickinson
- “When you look into the eyes of your mothers, you know that is the purest love that you can find on this earth.” — Mitch Albom
- “Mother was comfort. Mother was home.” — Ruta Sepetys
- “God couldn’t be everywhere so that is why he invented mothers.” — Daphne Wilder
- “We are born of love; love is the mothers.” — Rumi
- “Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.” — William Makepeace Thackeray
- “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” — Princess Diana
Mother’s Day Captions for Stepmoms
- Parenthood requires love, not DNA.
- Not step. Not half. Just family.
- You didn’t give me life. Life gave me you.
- Thanks for always “stepping” up for me.
- “Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation.” — Robert A. Heinlein
- You never treated me as a spare child but as an extra blessing.
Captions for Those Who’ve Lost a Mom
- “What we have once enjoyed deeply we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes part of us.” — Helen Keller
- “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” — Nitya Prakash
- People die only when we forget them. If you can remember me, I will be with you always.
- “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” — Gandhi