Keep reading for more Instagram hacks that help improve your profile and work with Instagram more effectively.
Instagram Profile Hacks
Consider your Instagram profile as your elevator pitch — you want to show who you are and what you do to a new audience within seconds.
A well-laid-out profile is important to leave a lasting impression. Here are our top hacks:
#22: Link to Other Profiles or Hashtags in Your Bio
Including a clickable hashtag or account is helpful if you’re managing more than one account for your brand, or if you’re running a branded hashtag campaign.
Follow this guide to link to other profiles or hashtags in your bio:
- Tap “Edit Profile” from your account
- In the bio section, add any Instagram handles (together with the @ symbol) or any hashtags (using the # symbol).
- Tap “Done” when you finish.
#23: Use a Link in Bio Tool
The link in your bio is one of the most useful ways to drive traffic from Instagram — and using a link in the bio tool means you’ll be able to capitalize on this opportunity.
These links can lead to anywhere you’d like — to your blog, your business website, or any other sites you think your readers will be interested in.
#24: Tell a Visual Story with Your Instagram Grid
A visually stunning Instagram grid is one of the greatest ways to convey your brand story and aesthetic in seconds.
However, getting an ideal balance is no mean feat — it may take time and effort to get right.
#25: Reorder Your Instagram Stories Highlights
Every time you add a story to an Instagram Stories highlight, that highlight shall be bumped to the front of the queue on your profile.
However, this won’t be the most effective order for your strategic goals.
For instance, if you have a Shop highlight, you may want to have this as the first highlight on your profile.
Luckily, there is a hack that lets you get around this.
Here’s reorder your Instagram Stories Highlights:
- Open a highlight and choose “Edit Highlight.”
- Then tap the “Archive” to visit your collection of archived Instagram Stories.
- Tap to include an Instagram Story to your highlight and choose done.
- This will move this highlight to the front of the highlights thread.
- Follow the steps above, however, unselect the story you just added to remove it from this highlight.
#26: Add on-brand Cover Photos to Your Instagram Stories Highlights
ICYMI: You’ll be able to add custom covers to your Instagram Stories highlights — and it’s super simple!
- Tap and hold down the Instagram Stories Highlight that you want to change its cover.
- Choose “Edit Cover” at the top of the page.
- Scroll to the best until you see the image icon appear. Then access your camera roll.
- Now you’ll be able to choose any picture to use as your cover icon, without publishing it to your story first.
#27: Optimize Your Profile for Search
If you’re trying to boost your following on Instagram, check these tips:
Optimizing your profile for search is one of the surefire Instagram profile hacks to get more eyes on your profile.
The best way to do it? Write relevant keywords to your Name Field.
Doing it will increase the opportunities of appearing in Instagram’s results when someone searches for your target keyword.
#28: Create Feed Aesthetic with the Archive Feature
If you’ve been giving your Instagram aesthetic an overhaul, there could be many posts that don’t fit in with your new look.
Fortunately, you don’t have to delete them from your page, just archive them.
Here is the way to hide old posts from your feed without deleting them (just archive them)
- Tap the three dots at the top of the post that you want to remove.
- Choose “Archive” and it will not be shown on your feed.
- If you want to review all your archived posts, choose the Archive icon in the top-right corner of your profile.
- To restore posts to your feed, all you need to do is choose “Show on Profile” on the posts you want to show again, and it’ll show up in its original spot.
Instagram Growth Hacks
Growing your Instagram account is now easier than ever.
You’ll be able to stand out from the crowd, get more followers, and even make sales with these effective hacks.
#29: Publish at The Perfect Time to Post
Knowing the perfect time to publish Instagram posts is a mega growth hack – you’ll always be sharing content at times that allow for maximum engagement.
However, how do you know the perfect time to post?
#30: Collect a list of Top Performing Hashtags
Posts with hashtags get 12.6% more engagement than posts without. So, choosing the best hashtags to add to your posts is necessary.